Creative work is scored as part of Scoring Section 3: Bringing the Idea to Life, which includes Question 3 and the Investment Overview.
Because judges are required to read the written case before reviewing the creative work, the creative reel should focus on creative examples. The reel is not meant to be a video version of the written case – judges are eager to view the work after reading the case.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS TO THE CREATIVE MATERIALS
Creative materials should include:
- Creative reel
- Images of creative work for judges
- Primary Publicity Image
- At minimum, 70% of the reel must be examples of creative work the audience experienced.
- Label each creative example by type of media (TV spot, Radio spot, etc.).
- No results may be included.
- 3-minute maximum
DO NOT INCLUDE
- Results of campaign
- Competitive work or logos
- Agency names, logos or images
TOP TIPS FROM THE JURY
- Show "how-where-when" you have interacted with the audience.
- The jury will read your written entry form before to view the creative materials. The jury is aware of the objectives, problems, strategy and results. The purpose of creative reel is to show how you implement the idea into life.
- Include at least 1 example of each key point (channel) of communications referred to written part of entry form. Creative reel should contain all the main types of interaction channels that were used in the campaign, including print, TV, radio, outdoor advertising, etc.
- Judges are often frustrated when reels do not show enough examples of the creative work and too much time is spent re-telling the story told in the written case study.
- The jury may reduce the points if you specify, for example, the importance of advertising in the written part of entry form, but do not show examples of this format of advertising in creative materials. Conversely, if you show the creative materials, which are not mentioned in written part of entry form.
- In creative materials participant must show realization and creative solution of entry only. All confidential information must be presented in written entry only.
- We recommend do not include any music/images that did not run in the original creative and that will cause confusion for judges with how your work ran in the marketplace.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR MATERIALS
Creative materials must be presented in English or with English subtitles.
Creative reel: Video format, resolution 720р, codec H.264, data stream from 1 Mb/s.
Images of creative work for judges (2 required, 6 max.): Format JPEG, 150 dpi, RGB, resolution of the biggest side - 1772 pixels.
After the judges read your case and watch the creative reel, they review images of your creative work. Images uploaded should complement your reel and help the judges better evaluate creative elements that ran in front of your audience.
It can be helpful to provide images of work best seen as a still image (e.g. website, print ad, direct mail piece, etc.). Or, you may wish to upload work that you want judges to get another look at after watching the reel.
Primary Publicity Image: Format JPEG, 300 dpi, RGB, resolution of the biggest side - 1772 pixels.This image must be presentable to reflect submitted campaign on Awards. Image of Key Visual will be used on the website Effie Awards Ukraine and in international archive of Effie Worldwide.
Logos of Lead Agency and Client: Format JPEG, 300 dpi, RGB. These logos will be shown on screen at the Awards Gala to promote your win.
All creative materials must be uploaded in personal account at website. Primary Publicity Image is uploded in special field in personal account.
The total weight of uploaded files should not exceed 250 MB. Each file name should include entry title and category name. Do not include any agency names in the file name.
Note! Entrants warrant that the Works submitted are original work and accurate and will not infringe upon the personal or proprietary rights of or give rise to any claim by any third party
SUSTAINED SUCCESS: CREATIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Sustained Success entrants must feature work that ran in the initial year (initial year is either: A) year case started or B) at least prior to November 1, 2017(or earlier), at least one interim year, and the current competition year (November 1, 2019 (January 1, 2019 is allowed) – November 1, 2020).
- Each example of the creative work – in the reel and the images - must be labeled with the year it ran. Entries that do not label the year will be disqualified.
- Sustained Success Creative Reels may be a maximum of 4 minutes.